Philanthropic Foundation support is significant to ensuring Tempe Center for the Arts’ breadth of programming is available and accessible for audiences and visitors of all ages and backgrounds. Private, public and government grant awards received from Foundations may be applied to performing arts, visual arts, exhibitions and educational projects, public outreach, civic engagement and other special initiatives. Foundation support* enables TCA to offer access to and connect with the widest audience possible and to serve as a valuable resource for children, teens, families and adults in the local and extended communities.
*Friends of Tempe Center for the Arts is the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the arts at the TCA.
Foundation funding can provide meaningful contributions in the following areas:
- Arts Engagement at TCA to provide free community outreach, workshops and educational opportunities.
- Exhibitions that are meant to inspire thought, enjoyment and discussion for all ages.
- Support of free public offerings and events in collaboration with Residents Artists
- Capacity-building to capitalize on TCA’s recent transition to presenting and producing its own programming.
- Support for TCA in creating and presenting non-traditional performing arts programming.
- General operation support, which is applied to TCA programs and helps TCA carry out its mission to serve the greater public.
Tempe Center for the Arts Selected Programs
TCA celebrates creativity at the highest levels, drawing visitors as well as regional and national attention. Performances, activities, special events, education and exhibition programs and community outreach promote diversity and inclusion.