Volunteer at Tempe Center for the Arts
Who are we?
- Tempe Center for the Arts sponsored by Northern Trust (TCA) is one of the finest venues in Arizona – a jewel in the crown of a city known for its support of the arts.
- TCA opened in September 2007 and houses a state-of-the-art 600-seat proscenium theater, a 200-seat black box studio, and a 3,500-square foot gallery.
- TCA is committed to bringing a wide variety of arts opportunities to the surrounding community with local, regional, and national acts.
Benefits of Volunteering at TCA:
- Flexible schedule
- Engaging programs
- Make new friends
- Recognition program and events
- Beautiful building with spectacular views
- Opportunities for discounted/free tickets, discounted/free concession items, and TCA swag
- Free parking
- No experience necessary
- Be prompt and reliable
- Complete and submit a City of Tempe volunteer application
- Have or be willing to develop good customer service skills
- Able to stand for extended periods of time (reasonable accommodations available upon request)
- Volunteer 30+ hours per year
- Adhere to dress code for area of assignment
- Attend TCA specific trainings
- Provide or obtain a valid fingerprint card
- Follow prescribed City of Tempe and TCA policies and procedures
- Be at least 15 years of age, except where otherwise noted, with written permission from a parent or guardian; ushers may be 12 years old if volunteering with a parent or guardian at the same event
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Our ushers assist patrons at a wide variety of events including concerts, plays, comedy, and dance. If you enjoy the arts, meeting new people, and want flexibility in scheduling this opportunity is for you.
Stage Door Attendants
Greeting guests and performing high levels of customer service is what makes our stage door attendants smile. With a wide variety of events happening at TCA you never know who may walk in the door. We do require that stage door attendants be 21+.